- CITROËN once again signs a qualitative leap in the world of commercial vehicles with the launch of the third generation of the Berlingo, a Made in Spain model that is an icon of the automobile. Since its launch, the New Berlingo has been the market leader in commercial vehicles.
- If in 1996 the brand redefined what a van in this segment should be with an alternative designed as an independent model and not as a derivative of a passenger car, 23 years and 1.5 million units produced, then Citroën again sets the pace with The New Berlingo Van, a vehicle designed to offer the benefits, equipment, technology and comfort of a passenger car, but designed with the needs of companies, fleets and professionals as a source of inspiration.
- Robust and very consistent with the brand identity, the Citroën Berlingo Van offers comfort and modularity at the highest level. It incorporates 20 driving assistance technologies and 4 connectivity technologies, along with efficient and high-performance engines, such as the new 1.5 BlueHDi diesel, 1.2 PureTech gasoline, which can be associated with the EAT8 automatic gearbox.
- Directly inspired by the needs and aspirations of professionals, the New Citroën Berlingo Van range adapts to all types of uses, thanks to multiple configurations in the cabin, with the Extenso® or Double Cabin, in 2 sizes, M and XL , and 2 new versions, "Worker" and "Driver", designed, respectively, for professionals who face difficult terrain or miles of asphalt in large cities or highways.
- The New Citroën Berlingo Van has won the prestigious “International Van of the Year 2019” award.
A reference model for the professional public and a leader in the commercial vehicle market in Spain since its launch, the New Citroën Berlingo Van follows in the wake of this Made in Spain saga, born in Vigo, setting a new benchmark in its segment and fully integrating the brand philosophy. It is committed to design and useful technology (including 20 driving aids) and connected (4 connectivity technologies), also incorporating the various facets of the Citroën Advanced Comfort® program.
Awarded with the prestigious “Van of the Year 2019” award, the New Citroën Berlingo Van “like you, knows how to do it all”. However, it is the ideal companion in daily use for professionals, providing a solution adapted to each type of use with easy access to the passenger compartment and cargo space.
Its renewal is noticeable from the first glance, thanks to a modern and dynamic design, which gives it a robust and protective air. Its tall and short bonnet allows you to dominate the road, while its Citroën Jumpy-inspired headlights integrate it aesthetically into the world of Citroën commercial vehicles. In profile, it presents fluid and balanced lines and large sliding doors, which reflect the practical spirit that characterizes it and anticipates its ample interior volume.
Once in the passenger compartment, the modern dashboard stands out, allowing agile and intuitive access to the comfort equipment and to the driving assistance functions it incorporates. Highlights include the overload indicator, the innovative “Surround Rear Vision” parking aid system, the color Head Up Display and the electric parking brake, all unprecedented in the segment. Not forgetting the Citroën Connect NAV 3D navigator, which offers real-time traffic data, the active warning of involuntary lane departure, the speed limit sign recognition system, the blind spot monitoring system, the risk alert crash or Active Safety Brake.
The New Citroën Berlingo Van upholds the “Inspired by Pro” philosophy with solutions that are tailored to the needs of each professional. Thus, depending on the characteristics of the load that each company or self-employed person uses, two sizes can be chosen, M and XL, with lengths of 4.40 m and 4.75 m, respectively. Thanks to two specific versions, it comes close to meeting the different expectations of its users.
Thus, the New Berlingo Van “Worker” is designed for professionals who transport material and workers on terrain that does not have to be asphalted, with 3 front seats, high ground clearance, a protection plate under the engine and extra motor skills provided by Grip Control® with Hill Assist Descent.
On the other side of the range, the “Driver” version has in mind companies and workers who travel many kilometers each day, both in the city and on the road. Aspects such as filming comfort or acoustics have been taken care of to the maximum and equipment such as seats with lumbar adjustment, the electric parking brake or the Surround Rear Vision parking aid system have been incorporated.
Versatility and modularity are very present in this new generation, which offers both the Extenso® cabin that can accommodate 3 people in the front row, and a modular Double Cabin silhouette to carry up to 5 passengers. It makes everyday life easier with excellent accessibility at the rear with swing gate or doors, sliding side doors, multiple storage spaces for everyday items, as well as a payload (up to 1,000 kg) while preserving its width between the wheel arches to be able to directly load up to 2 euro pallets.